Get Help from a Housing Counselor
Free personalized assistance can help you overcome financial uncertainty, disaster, or other housing-related issues.
What kind of assistance can you expect from a housing counselor?
We’ll connect you with housing counselors approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) who are helpful, patient, and neutral specialists that listen to your needs and offer:
- A personalized action plan to overcome your housing-related challenges
- Budgeting tips including help managing bills, credit cards, student loans, and other debt
- Disaster-recovery help including FEMA and insurance claims/denials and other support
- Help communicating with your landlord, mortgage company, or assistance providers
- Ongoing check-ins and coaching to help you succeed for the long run